InDesign Tutorials

 Video #1

    This video was a great intro to InDesign because I had never heard of it prior to this class. InDesign is software used developed to make products such as business cards or brochures so it's somewhat similar to Microsoft's Publisher. However, InDesign is much more developed now in that it can create interactive documents and is more flexible to the artist's choices, such as placement or shapes. This video is from 2014 so the on-screen content was of a dated version of the software. 

Video #2
    This video was made in 2020 so the content is much more accurate to what my experience will be like. This tutorial focused on the use of pages and layers which I think will be very helpful for when I am creating my portfolio. I learned about master pages and that all elements added to it will then be copied onto the following pages. Also saw how to add guidelines in the form of a grid to have a better understanding of how I want to lay elements into the design. Some shortcuts I learned like W for a preview without guidelines and saving titles as paragraph styles.

Video #3
    This video broke down the basic tools of InDesign. Some of these were similar to Illustrator like the selection tool, direct selection tool, type tool, type on path tool, line tool, and pen tool. I wasn't introduced to much new information but rather refreshed on the basic tools that come with most Creative Cloud programs. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Logo Tag Brush

Black and White to Color