Autoscopy

 


Final Product

Layers



Autoscopy is the images of one's own body or one's face within space, either from an internal point of view, as in a mirror, or from an external point of view. I chose for mine to be an external point of view of what I am striving for. I recently came to the conclusion that I have a hard time relaxing, which is new because I used to be a really laid-back person. Since starting college though I've held myself to a much higher standard and am told I am too hard on myself. This may be because I am in such a close-knit community where I can easily compare so much about myself to others.

I recently made a promise to myself to not be so uptight and be nicer to myself and this came from the encouragement of my best friend, Grace, who is the other person in my autoscopy. As a matter of fact, this past Saturday she and I got matching tattoos of the smiley face (as pictured above). Mostly because that is the dorm we lived in freshman year when we met, Smiley Hall, but also because we both do our best to always make the other happy when we are going through a difficulty or just aren't feeling great. 

I really enjoyed this project, though frustrating at first, and working with the layers and effects to create something really new. I got more experience with the refine edge tool which has given me a lot of trouble in the past. I took skills I learned from the teeth whitening assignment, such as linking effects to certain layers and adjusting image colors without the use of filters. I did use a filter on the cloud background to give it a more animated look and they have more contrast from the white and blue. I am very happy with how this autoscopy turned out and I think making more could be fun to use as wallpapers or make stickers. 

Comments

  1. Isabella,

    your Autoscopy project is awesome! I love the smile concept and how you implemented the words "you deserve a smile" into the piece. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the stars and the butterflies. I love how you're portraying happiness in it. You did an amazing job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smiley face tattoo is so cute. Seeing this photo even made me smile. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how fun yet calming this is. I love the stars and the clouds and the butterflies. And I love the angle your facing, this is really cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this project. The blue theme is beautiful and all of the pictures you choose are great. The butterflies are my favorite. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Tag Brush

Black and White to Color