Propoganda Poster



My propaganda poster is in support of women's empowerment. I got inspiration from the cheesy self-love posters often seen in classrooms or at a home goods store as well as the classic propaganda poster of Rosie the Riveter. The word "can" has a lot of meaning but many of us will find ourselves using the word "can't" a lot more often. When I was growing up it was my favorite word according to my mom. If you believe that you can't then you never will. An increasingly popular method of self-love is the use of affirmations, the practice of positive thinking, and self-empowerment. The text behind the image of myself is affirmations. Each phrase affirms my ability and the possibility of doing what I set out to achieve. 

I put magnolias all over the right panel of the poster as this flower is often connected to strong and preserving women. A great example of this used in media is the movie “Steel Magnolias” from (1989) or the more recent Netflix series “Sweet Magnolias.” Both document the stories of a group of women uniting together and supporting one another as each individual experiences her own hardships, whether it be health scares, divorce, or a new business venture. The magnolia is a symbol of a woman being as strong as she is beautiful. 






 

Comments

  1. hi! I really love this project, I love the colors you used and the monochromatic look. Adding the text behind your selfie was a great idea, it really added a lot to the piece. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this poster. You have a very unique message your displaying and its also really meaningful to yourself probably and others. I also like how you chose to only use different shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Logo Tag Brush

Black and White to Color